Nautical Institute Netherlands Branch
Aims and Objectives
Our aim is to provide the strongest possible professional focus, dedicated to
improving standards of those in control of seagoing craft, while maintaining the Institute
as an international centre of nautical excellence.
The formation of Nautical Institute Branches and other groupings is actively encouraged.
Our objectives are:
- to promote and co-ordinate in the public interest the development of nautical studies in
all its branches by:
- encouraging and promoting a high standard of qualification, competence and knowledge
among those in control of seagoing craft including non-displacement craft.
- facilitating the exchange and publication of information and ideas on nautical science,
encourage research and publish its results.
- establishing and maintaining appropriate educational and professional standards of
- co-operating with Government Departments and other bodies concerned with statutory and
other qualifications, and with universities and other educational institutes and
authorities in the furtherance of education and training in nautical science and practice.
- encouraging the formation of Branches and professional groups in different areas
Aims and Objectives Netherlands
The principal aim of the branch is to promote the activities and increase the
membership of The Nautical Institute in the Netherlands area.
The Branch is a vibrant, pro-active organisation of current professionals, and provide:
- a local professional focus.
- communication and fellowship with other nautical professionals (networking).
- solving professional problems through seminars and workshops.
- a programme of technical and social meetings.
- local and, in some cases, national representation on regulatory bodies or users
- assistance with updating and professional development.
- involvement with projects locally and internationally.
- development of management and organisational skills.